PhysioEx™ Lab Simulation
Skeletal Muscle Physiology
Learn about Skeletal Muscle Physiology by completing the following lab simulation.
- Download and open the lab instruction worksheet (PDF format) for this experiment.
- Watch the Skeletal Muscle video.
- Complete the PhysioEx™ Lab Experiments:
- Review what you've learned by downloading and completing the review sheet (PDF or RTF format) or taking the multiple-choice quiz.
- To define motor unit, twitch, latent period, contraction phase, relaxation phase, threshold, summation, tetanus, fatigue, isometric contraction, and isotonic contraction
- To understand how nerve impulses trigger muscle movement
- To describe the phases of a muscle twitch
- To identify threshold and maximal stimuli
- To understand the effect of increases in stimulus intensity on a muscle
- To understand the effect of increases in stimulus frequency on a muscle
- To demonstrate muscle fatigue
- To explain the differences between isometric and isotonic muscle contractions
PDF worksheets require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free copy here.
Back to PhysioEx topic index