PhysioEx™ Lab Simulation
Processes of Digestion
Learn about Processes of Digestion by completing the following lab simulation.
- Download and open the lab instruction worksheet (PDF format) for this experiment.
- Complete the PhysioEx™ Lab Experiments:
- Review what you've learned by downloading and completing the review sheet (PDF or RTF format) or taking the multiple-choice quiz.
- To define digestive tract, accessory glands, digestion, hydrolases, salivary amylase, carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, bile salts, pepsin, and lipase
- To understand the main functions and processes of the digestive system
- To understand the specificity of enzyme action
- To explain the impact of temperature and pH levels on enzyme activity
- To identify the three main categories of food molecules
- To explain how enzyme activity can be assessed with enzyme assays
- To identify the main enzymes, substrates, and products of carbohydrate, protein, and fat digestion
PDF worksheets require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free copy here.
Back to PhysioEx topic index